Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Best lip balm for very chapped lips?

I've always seemed to have had very chapped lips since I was young but it's seemed to have gotten worse over the past few years. I usually use Vaseline or Carmex they work for a short time but my lips get chapped again very quickly. Can anyone recommend a more long lasting lipbalm?Best lip balm for very chapped lips?
I know its awful to have very chapped lips...the best remedy I use for my children when they have been snowboarding and forgot their chapstick (lips look raw and skin peels nearly to their chins) is vaseline... simple petroleum jelly...Works every time! All of the others we have tried end up drying out too quickly. We also use aveeno for chapped lips and that is great as a preventative... I hope that helps.Best lip balm for very chapped lips?
Firstly drink lots, to keep your lips hydrated.


Always carry around a chapstick for emergancys when your lips are really dry.


Put lip balm on after a shower as it will lock in the moisture.


Use a soft dry toothbrush and gently brush the lips to remove dead skin cells, do this often but if lips start to feel sore stop and do it less regurlary.


Also dont lick your lips as this dries them out.





I use the palmas cocabutter lipbalm, or the nivea one.


The labello or nivel in pearl and shine also leaves a nice shine to your lips as well as keeping them moisturised..


Hope this helped x
Use Burt's Bees Medicated Lip Balm. Apply as much as you want to. In fact, put on more than you need. I freaking love this stuff. xD When your lips are chapped, but not, you know, peeling and stinging chapped, use Burt's Bees Replenishing Pomegranate Lip Balm. It keeps your lips moist, soft, and smooth.





Also, when you wear lipstick or lip gloss, make sure to put lip balm under it. You can also use Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer, which is like their lip balm, but it comes in about 10 different shades, and it's kind of shimmery. It goes on really smoothly, too.





Make sure to drink a lot of water. Sometimes, chapped lips are your body's way of telling you that it's thirsty.
most people say use blistex, nivea, n burts bees. u can try those but there are actually so many lip balms on the market that u cant try all of them before u find the rite one. the best lip balms i've used are:


- the body shop - guarana lip butter


- c.o. bigelow (at bath n body works) - lemon lip balm


- lipstick (at daiso in vancouver) - grapefruit *


- nivea - repair and protection





these are the lip balms that worked for me. i don't know if they'll work for you, but i definitely suggest buying lip balms from overseas places (like hong kong or japan) because those lip balms are made to soothe chapped lips in dry conditions.





hope that helped :D
I love Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment. Its in a red tube and you get it from the chemist. My whole family loves it, and even got my friends onto it.





I found when I started using alot of chapstick, it was like my lips started relying on it, and I would have to put it on more and more frequently. If I didnt put it on for a while, my lips would be terrible. so maybe try putting on less product and less frequently, thats what I did, then my lips went back to normal.





And I always now resist the urge to lick my lips when they are dry- mum alwas said that this dries them out more (and mum always seems to be right)





Good Luck!!
I've always thought Carmex %26amp; Burt's Bees were the best, but if Carmex isn't working for you...





Try Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Treatment with shea butter or ChapStick Medicated lip balm with camphor and menthol.





Also, you should start drinking more water, dehydration is a major cause of chapped lips.
Softlips! Works wonders.


Or Burts bees.. but i prefer Softlips. Looks better, since i need to carry stuff like that around everywhere with me


xD Burts bees looks... ugly.


---


Oh, and vaseline doesnt work for everybody, especially me!


lmao, if vaseline doesnt work, then try softlips, its great cause it isnt all sticky like other lip balms, its easy to apply and works right away.
I had this problem too, and I used the Vaseline Aloe Vera (in the green round tin). My lips were so chapped that they were bleeding at times, so I put the Vaseline very very regularly, and it helped a lot.
Vitamin E cream.Has you get older your lips get thinner and crease.This


is the best to use to stop that and give fuller lips.As well as nourishing it


feeds the collagen keeping them protected from the weather.
rosebud salve


http://www.thecosmeticmarket.com/images/鈥?/a>


they have it at sephora


its on all the magazins that celebrities use


i think its $7
blistex...but it's only a quick remedy, you'd have to use a good quality balm or even vaseline afterwards.





You must not be hydrated enough or you're spending too much time with the central heating on...
i had the same problem, some nice lady from boots told me to try blistex for chapped lips..gone within a week!:) it does sting at the beginning but it is so worth it
nieva works great and so does softlips! you can find them at most drug stores and walmart and ect.
Burt's Bees All the way. Or even the Gap Lip Chap works really good believe it or not. But I say Burts will have you covered
Try Nurture Conditioning Lip Balm, or Ren Biomimetric Perfect Lip Honey!
Carmex or Aveda
BLISTEX! for sure


but people say bert bee stuff is really good too but its more expensive your choice
carmex
Mary Kay's satin lips
a jar of Vaseline
yer! a lip balm with vitaminnn E in it i think :) ye vitamin e its great trust hope it works 4 u x
burt's bees or blistex

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin