Monday, June 21, 2010

What's a good lip balm for dried lips?

My lips get very dry with sun exposure and with cold weather. What's a good lip balm to use that will help my lips from getting so dried?What's a good lip balm for dried lips?
i love the Burt's Bees products. they work for my chap lips. you can get them at pretty much any drugstore.








http://www.target.com/gp/search/601-7755鈥?/a>What's a good lip balm for dried lips?
I suffer from very dry lips as well. It's best to use a all natural lip balm that contains shea butter. Make sure that shea butter is the first or second ingredient listed. Shea butter has a high moisturizing property that sinks into the lips restoring the moisture to your lips. You have to use it often depending on how severely dry your lips are. Using balms that contain petrolatum can dry out your lips. It's okay to use it as long as you don't use it every single day. Chap-stick has an all natural lip butter balm that has all natural ingredients, or you could just search the web for one.
I use Aveeno Essential Moisturize. It really helps your lips and it has SPF 15 in it. It also has natural ingredients that most lip balms don't have and it works great !
Vaseline! It's the best ever! It's not lip balm as you can use it anywhere but it works so well! When my lips where bad i'd put it on 3 times a day and it went away after that day and as long as I contiued to put it on maybe once or twice ion the following days it wouldn't come back.





I'd also recommend Blistex and anything by Johnsons (especailly the classic lip balm) these you can put in your pocket and take out whenever your lips start to feel painful and dry. I'd get maybe some Johnsons and some vaseline put the vaseline on when you wake up after work/school and before bed and carry the johnsons round for whenever you need it! :)





EDIT: Also I have sensitive skin so all the stuff I've recommended is sensitive.. I also didn't realise I was on Yahoo answers.com insted of UK so I'm not sure you have this stuff in your shops. haha. it's good anyway!
burts bees and they have all natural ingredients
Try Burts Bee's chapstick I use it when my lips are dry and it really works and makes them soft.
Burt's Bees Wax or try Blistex moisture splash. Both work great without a lot of re-applying.
i know exactly how you feel! i go through the exact same problem every day. my lips are cracked, and VERY swollen. i can't kiss my boyfriend cuz it grosses him out! but, a home remedy that my nana taught me is this:


put a pea-sized dab of ';I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'; all over the place! make sure to rub it in as well as you can. What makes it REALLY soft is if you leave it on/re-apply it every 24 hours for the next 2 weeks. if that doesn't help after a week, use the same ';Butter';, but squeeze lemon juice on it. there's some slight cracking involved, but you'll get over it.
Burt's bee's is good and so is carmex. but i just got this new one and i love it! It's by C.O Bigelow Apothecaries. It comes in different flavors and stuff and you can get it at Bath and body works.
Carmax is really good my friend has kinda exzema on her lips and its almost gone now thanks to carmax also just plain old Vaseline is and always will be the best just slather loads on before you go to sleep and in the morning they will be nice and smoooth!


Try exfoilaiting your lips with a wet flannel and mix up some honey and sugar to exfoilate them as well i hope your lips get better
vaseline. no questions. it lasts like 1 year for a pot and its only 99p. its the best budget beauty buy. u get it in blue the original, green with aloe, or the yellow pot which has UV screen. u can also use it on ur skin too. BUY IT!
Carmex is the best.
Burts bees.
Aquaphor is great. A little bit goes a long way. It's similar to Vaseline but I like it better. I have found that Chapstick dries my lips out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin