Saturday, November 28, 2009

I started playing my flute again. Is it acceptable to use lip balm for dry lips while playing?

Something reminds me that my 5th grade band teacher said no because it will coat the inside of your flute with residue over time. I am 43 so it has been a while from that advise. Any suggestions? My lips are getting real dry when I practice.


Thanks!I started playing my flute again. Is it acceptable to use lip balm for dry lips while playing?
Sure, just be sure not to cake it on heavily. I am a school band director and I tell my 5th graders not to because they think adding balm means painting their lips. I assume a 43 year old has a bit more balm self-control.

1 comment:

  1. hello! I always use chapstick... my flute teacher does not advise it but it works for me!

    ReplyDelete

 
dry skin