Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is it possible to become addicted to lip balm?

I have naturally full lips and they always feel dry and cracked. I have tried all sorts of products with the same result. I'm wondering if I have perpetuated the problem by over using lip balm, etc. Is this possible? Do you have any recommendations? Thanks!Is it possible to become addicted to lip balm?
Yes i do believe it is possible to get addicted because just like you i also have very naturally full lips and when i was younger i use to always wear lip balm and now that i am a little older my lips can not go without lip balm or else they will start to hurt and crack it's like i have to put lip balm on every 5 mins because my lips are so use to it.Is it possible to become addicted to lip balm?
Yes there are symptoms known as lipbalm addiction.


If the Lip balm doesn't cure your chapped lips you should seriously look at your vitamin intake.


Chapped lips is 1 of the first signs a shortage is taking shape.


You probably have a shortage in C or in your B spectrum. Report Abuse

no it's only a habbit dont worry Report Abuse

Not for a long time.
yes.i think so.but who cares.it is totally good for you.
If you use artificial moisture all the time your lips will stop producing their own natural moisture. use it ONLY when absolutely necessary.
Yeah I was adicted to Carmex for a couple years.
Not addicted but your lips no longer produce their own oil because you have supplied the oil for your lips.
Yep ur addicted
you can definatly become addicted to lip balm. you are putting artificial moisturizer on your lips. after so long your lips will stop making their own moisture. pretty soon, you will always have to have some on. you need to stop using it and let your lips start to make their own.
My guess is yes. If I don't have some, I feel like something is wrong.
No...you are using the wrong product.
oh yes
I believe it is possible to become addicted to anything....... Maybe you can talk to a dermatologist about a certain type of lip balm. You could also buy some of the medicated kind and try to only use it when you feel it is absolutely necessary. I don't see how using too much would make it worse. But I guess anything is possible.
Try something more all natural that has shea or coco butter in it. Look up Emu oil products...those are supposed to be fantastic. I do think that some lip balms perpetuate the problem of dry cracked lips although I have no proof. I think it is more of a temporary fix rather than a cure. Get a couple of different balms to try and spend a little extra on something good. Hope somthin' works for you...Good Luck!!! :)
Yes, you can get addicted to it if you keep licking your lips every time to re-apply it on your lips. Its also a laxative, causing diarrhea (LOL)
no way!


I only have 47 types including 17 flavoured! i dont think im addicted!
addicted to lip balm?.............never heard of such a thing
Oh yes. My sis can't go five minutes with out lip balm, or chapstick or something for her lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin