Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lip balm..?

i have sensitive skin, but i dont think it really matters..but my lips have been chapped like all summer..what product has worked for you? any recommendations will be appreciated.Lip balm..?
My favorites are :


Blistex Lip Medex: http://www.blistex.com/Lip%20Medex.htm


Blistex Daily Conditioning w/SPF 20: http://www.blistex.com/DCT.htm


Kiehl's Lip Balm #1: http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/catalog/pr鈥?/a>





**Chapped lips indicate dehydration...Increase your water intake**


**Apply a thin layer of lip balm on your lips**Lip balm..?
I use an all natural one from Celtic Folk Herbals on Ebay called


ultra healing lip balm.It works awesome.


They make alot of different kinds too.


The website is www.celticfolkherbals.com Report Abuse

I use Burt's Bees lip balm, and it works great! It is the best of the many that I have tried over the years. They have a new honey beeswax lip balm out now, and I love it!
Chapstick.
lucky chick lip balm
I used to spend tons of $$ on lip balm.


But you know what the best treatment is for lips (and not to mention the cheapest) - VASELINE.





I swear by it - apply it on your lips several times a day and you're lips will be very soft and very dry and chapped again.


Vaseline also makes a great lipgloss (alone or over your fav lipstick) - it's not sticky and not too thick and will keep your lips moisturize all day long.





Hope that helped!
I love Soft Lips lip balm. It is medicated also to help with chapped lips. It's the one in a tall skinny tube. It's more expensive, but worth it. You can buy it at Safeway, Walmart and drug stores. The link give you a picture so you know what to look for. http://www.americarx.com/index.asp?PageA鈥?/a>
vaseline...or blistek (i forget how to spell it) the mint flavoured one is good
It's not really lip balm, but it helps so much for cracked or dry or burnt skin. You can definitely use it for your lips. My doctor recommended it to me, and it's called Aquaphor. It really helps. Trust me.
carmex works well
exfoliate them with a washcloth then put on some Blistex
Vaseline works medicated,,, also chapstick works medicated and there are some that are just too pricey but normally I do this...I have a lip treatment I do once a month from Mary Kay and it really works and it's not too expensive and the best about it that makes your lips smooth and moisturize...hope this helps you.
Blistek
First and foremost you have to increase your water intake....at least 8 8oz glasses per day (more in the winter)...chapped lips is a sign of dehydration


also, avoid going out in dry, cold weather without putting on lip balm or lipstick. Try to keep the air in your home humid.


Use a sunscreen on your lips when outside in sunny weather.


Avoid excessive sun exposure.


Some recommendations for soothing chapped and sore lips:


Treat chapped lips with beeswax and petrolatum (Vaseline).
Satin lip set http://www.marykay.com/s_azad/skincare/l鈥?/a>
I use carmex..That does the trick for me..
A lot of people don't realize that they breathe through their mouth when they sleep, which can make your lips dry out very quickly. Before you go to bed every night put on a coat of regular Chapstick. In the morning you will have moist lips =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin