Monday, November 30, 2009

I want to start making my own lip balm and im having trouble trying to find cheap materials.?

Ive been looking online for a place where i could buy everything i need at a good price to save on shipping; but im having trouble.Does anyone know of a website or somewhere in new york city where i could find materials at a reasonable price.I want to start making my own lip balm and im having trouble trying to find cheap materials.?
If you're making your own lip balm you might as well not use so many chemicals and everything! It's simple. Here's what you'll need.


-Vaseline (it's easier if it's in a squeezy bottle, but any kind works)


-Peppermint Extract


-Vanilla





Microwave the amount of Vaseline that will fit into your container or tin, for about 50 seconds. Put it in a small bowl, or something that is safe to be microwaved. Take it out, and stir it, to keep it a liquid. If it is still solid, microwave it for a bit longer. Then, add one or two drops of vanilla extract. This is optional, but it gives you a slightly darker shade of lip balm, and makes it smell great! Then, add a few drops of peppermint extract. This will also make a great scent, and will feel good on your lips, as well as moisturize them. Microwave again for about 20 seconds, and then take it out, mix it well, and pour it into your tin (or whatever it is you are using to store it). Now, put it in your fridge, and wait about 15 minutes. Take it out, and it should be dry, and the top looks smooth. I did this, and I loved it! It smelled great, worked well, and looked so proffesional! I know this isn't the answer to your question, but it's the best I can do, and it's much easier than running around town looking for so many complex ingredients! I hope I helped you though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin