Monday, November 30, 2009

Jelly Belly Sweets & thier new lip balm, vegetarian and not tested on animals?

Jelly belly sweets have released a new lib balm, two questions about it


1. Is it vegetarian


2. Is it tested on animals


PLEASE tell me if they are or not, and one other question


Are the actual jelly belly sweets vegetarian?


Thanks!Jelly Belly Sweets %26amp; thier new lip balm, vegetarian and not tested on animals?
You have to be very careful nowadays because some products say ';not tested on animals'; however, sometimes the ingredients to manufacture the product are.





I buy most of my cosmetics from the Body Shop in the UK as all their products and ingredients are not tested on animals.





I suggest you write to the company, and be persistent as some companies do not like to admit it. A few years back I wanted to buy something from an a well known cosmetic catalogue (its quite big in the UK) and on the back of the order form it read ';our products are not tested on animals';. Because I am a member of the British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection (BUAV) and knew it was a possible that the ingredients has been tested on animals, I wrote to the cosmetic company to enquire. I never got a reply. I wrote again and never got a reply. I was livid so I kept writing until I eventually got a reply which said the ingredients had been tested on animals ';for the safety of their customers';!!





Now, if I am unsure of anything I will contact the BUAV to double check.





I think it is is disgusting how companies can get away with misleading the public like this.Jelly Belly Sweets %26amp; thier new lip balm, vegetarian and not tested on animals?
Jelly belly sweets = not vege, they contain gelatine (crushed hooves, bones etc)





and as for the person who is a member of the BUAV but said


';I buy most of my cosmetics from the Body Shop in the UK as all their products and ingredients are not tested on animals.'; - The Body Shop are now owned by Loreal, who *DO* test on animals. Just a helpful hint.



According to the Jelly Belly FAQ they don't have gelatine in them. I ate them a while back so Im sure theyre veggie!





Also, to the above answers, just cos somethings called ';jelly'; doesnt mean it has gelatine in it.





rowntrees jelly pots are suitable for veggies!





hope this helps
It is vegetarian. No meat at any Jelly Bellys.


It is NOT tested on animals none of the Jelly Belly products are.
jelly beans are not vegetarian. they use geletin which is made from animal hooves. I imagine the lipbalm isn't either. always look at the ingrediants list before you buy.
I try-ed to look up some info on it and came up whit nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin