Thursday, December 3, 2009

After how many years should you throw away lip balm?

The Carmex click- stick I went back to using has been in my medecine cabinet for like three, maybe four years. Is it still okay to use? or don't bother and get a new click- stick?After how many years should you throw away lip balm?
They are so cheap it isn't worth risking. Toss it and get a new one.After how many years should you throw away lip balm?
when it melts or if it is over 3 month's
you shouldnt keep a lip balm 4 more than a couple of months....use vaseline instead
yuck
I'd say get rid of it! Yuck!
Well.....up to you....to tell you the truth before I had not known that they say you should replace cosmetics after a certain amount of time...and I had been using some for a couple of years and I didn't ever have any kind of reaction....or infection (even from 3 year old mascara!!).... kind of makes me wonder if maybe I was just lucky or maybe it's some kind of marketing propaganda....you decide





Hope this helped:)


note:I never ';shared'; cosmetics with another person
smell it, if it is rancid-- OUT!
all lipstick and balms should be thrown away after 6 months





I don't do it myself but yes they do expire just like food products as well as collect bacteria.





but honestly who really throws away there best lipstick . not me
never
if it smells weird then throw it away!
it costs like 2 bucks. buy a new one
After 3 months you need to replace this.


The germs you have put on the surface just sit there and reproduce.


Icky.
i'd get a new one personally
throw it out!! after 6 mo, throw it out!!!
Um, okay carmex dries out your lips anyway so I'd chunk it! Besides, almost all makeup needs to be thrown out after a year or so. It can go rancid and cause rashes and stuff. I recommend Burt's Bees because it's natural, easy to find, and good for your lips.
well you can kinda smell it it will smell like not good (i cant think of the word, sorry)





but just get a new one cuase sometimes it will like burn your lips.
throw it. it shouldn't even be there for 1 year.
I'd say a maximum of 12 months from the time you use it the first time. Thats what it usually is for lip balm from the ones i've used and it says on the labelling as well.





If you're not sure whento throw out check the labelling...it usually has a symbol on it to show how long the lip balm lasts for beforeyou should chuck it out.
if it starts to get a weird taste, toss it...





i wouldnt risk it and just buy a new one
After a year is pushing it.


Get a new one.


:)
years?! i only keep mine for a few months but i use lip balm often so i run out pretty quickly
Lip balm does in fact go bad. You should throw it out, and buy a new one. It will taste funny and probably dry out your lips.
No more than a year! The active ingredients in there loose their compisitons after that time... depending on the ingredients
i dont think u should risk it jus throw it away n buy a new one
no i wuld jus get a new and better lip balm--and throw dat1 out!
A good idea is to toss your lip balm the same time you toss out your toothbrush, and throw out your cosmetics (blush,rouge, lipstick,eyeliner, mascera, ect.) each month, each other month- just all of them as fresh as possible, to prevent gum infection, eye infection, pimples/zits, ect.


All the best to you.
dude, (sorry) Chick...I have a lip balm that I've had for over 8


yrs at least!


I don't use it of corse.





But it still smells good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin