Thursday, December 3, 2009

What is a great long lasting moisturizing lip balm?

And im not talking bout chapsticks and other cheap glossy pretty ones. I need a good moisturizing balm, creme etc., specifically to nurture sensitive lips. Is there such a thing? What brands etc and pro/cons please? I dont mind if its pricey. thanks guys!What is a great long lasting moisturizing lip balm?
Vaseline is bleached petroleum. Not exactly chemicals I want on my mouth.





Most other products have chemicals with known health risks.





If you want the best, get some shea butter and jojoba.





Mix the two together in a tiny container.





Shea is incredibly nourishing. Unlike petro-chems, your body can use and process the nutrients in this incredible oil.





Jojoba is a humectant, meaning that it draws moisture to the top layers of your skin - perfect to control chapped lips. Again, any nutrients that are dermally absorbed are good for your body.What is a great long lasting moisturizing lip balm?
softlips from boots or vaseline r the best 2 u'l find!
Before bedtime, I use Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm, and my lips are very soft . But many people swear by plain ole Vaseline.
'Maybelline' have a balm that is in a grey tube and that is very good for your lips. it also adds a bit of shine.
Burts Bee's is great. Also has other stuff for hands, etc. Works awesome.
vaseline is still the best out there
I prefer carmex lip balm, blistex, or chapstick but it can contain campher, which can dry lips. Try to avoid ingrediants such as sterols, alcohols, campher, and glycerol. I have used the cheap chapstick and its okay, but I dont like the flavor. I dont like the medicine tasting kinds, but sometimes they work better. For the price, I think chapstick is the best buy. But carmex doesnt cost much more.
Bees wax ! It is rather hard so warm it a little bit first. You can also add a drop of your fav flavoring, vanilla, mint, buttered rum (my fav) ,cinnamon etc...
try Cortizone, that's the stuff you put on your skin for itches, etc....my old fashioned doc told me about it...works much better....although you have to rub it in very well, so you don't have white lips...lol..but it is the greatest thing for lips....
Vaseline is great, but if you can't stand the taste and thickness there is no point. I don't know if you can use Bag Balm on your lips, but it is amazing-- (originally used for cow teats). Have you tried good old Blistex--I find those the best.
Avoid anything with petroleum as the first ingredient (i.e. Vaseline). It forms a barrier but doesn't actually moisturize.





Look for lip balms with natural moisturizers that can be absorbed. Shea butter, cocoa butter, aloe, almond oil, coconut oil, etc. are great ingredients. If possible, test he balm before you try it -- thicker balms will stay on longer. Anything too greasy may work great but probably won't ask as long.





In specifics, I agree that Burts Bees is a great choice. They offer lip balms both with and without color. :)
There is a product by Beauticontrol that works great. It is called LipApeel. Check out their web site.
Blistex is great for sensitive lips. If you need to, you can get the medicated one. It feels cool when it goes on and it's more of a creme.





http://www.blistex.com/images/lip_oint/L鈥?/a>





Good luck!
Carmex is the best thing I've tried for chap lips. It does not taste very good, but it works awesome and it only cost about $1
BURT'S BEES. I swear by this stuff. it's about 4$ a tube and it is absolutely fantastic. It comes in plain (beeswax flavor that smells a bit like peppermint), honey, pomergranite, and more. It mousiturizes and also helps when your lips are already chapped. It doesnt feel sticky or gross and you dont have to reapply often
my Friend got me soft lips it works great they have it at walmart!!
Vaseline is by far the best





Really cheap, great quality and comes either in a huge tub for 99p or a lil handysized tin for like 50p =]





Or theirs a coconut butter not sure what its called tho =[ Really sorry =[
Have you tried Burt's Bee's? It's an all natural product and I'm pretty sure they have a website. The stuff is great! They have shampoos and soaps and all kinds of beauty products. I do like their lipsticks and balms though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin