Thursday, December 3, 2009

Are you addicted to lip balm? Can you not survive without it?

About 15 years ago when I used to stand at bus stops in the winter I got very sore and dry cracked lips. I started using lip balm then and have done ever since. I apply it several times throughout every day winter and summer, and a day where I forget to take lip balm to work is not a pleasant once.





Is there any anyone else out there?Are you addicted to lip balm? Can you not survive without it?
Yes oh yes!





I have been 'addicted' to lip balm for nearly 20 years. If I ever went anywhere without one I was not a pleasant person to be around and my lips would start to sting. However, 3 months ago I decided I wanted to get rid of it. My boyfriend always used to complain it was greasy when he kissed me and I noticed there was always grease around my glass.





I tried not taking one with me but that didn't work - I just wanted it more.





So I made my self wait as long as I could before using it. As long as I had one with me I was able to go longer, a few hours at a time. Then I only allowed my self to use it once a day.





Then one day I realised I couldn't remember the last time I had used it - at least a couple of days and it just got better from there. 12 days is my best so far - then I needed it, but I am on day 10 at the mo. Nearly 'cracked' this morning but I resisted.





It is a real addiction and therefore - IT CAN BE BEAT%26gt; lol





Apparently the more you use it, the less your lips produce their own moisture.Are you addicted to lip balm? Can you not survive without it?
I am totally addicted to it even though I have really nice moistured lips! I think the best ever is Miso Pretty, it is available in heals. Also, boujours lip gloss is really cute, you can even get mini ones to attach to your phone as a phone charm- an absolute godsend!
no...only use it when lips are dry...drink more water...it helps keep your lips and body hydrated
o GOD yes i can't live without it





w/o it i can't stop licking my lips then they get swollen and extra red (very ugly)








it's my lifesaver
went on holiday a saw a woman with terrible sore lips she had no protection on them ever since I am always applying lipstick or gloss and yes we are quite right to keep our lips soft and smooth and this protects us take care
No but its nice to have smooth moisturized lips so thats fine
im addicted to it,like today i didnt have it,my day was weird i freaked out ,I have to use it all the time!!!
if i forget my lipbalm when i leave home i always have to buy another one!
You are not alone!!!


I go crazy if I don't have my lip gloss or chap stick with me at all times...
omg! I saw this and I am the same way, my husband always makes fun of me because I have to have my chapstick, especially if i don't put it on before bed, I can't sleep! You are not alone at all honey!
I need it coz I can't smile or talk nicely wihout it.
thats an excellent way to have healthy moisturised lips! buy extras .. so u can leave them in office in case u forget to bring it along to work.
U are normal because my colleague also cant survuive without lip balm
Ladies please remember that in general men don't like kissing girls who are wearing lip balm - one ex boyfriend of mine described it as similar to kissing a slug
My niece was, believing it would cure the terrible dryness and rash etc - but it was making it worse. Shes cured now lol
My best friend used to be totally normal about a year ago, and then her lips got really dry over the summer. She started putting on Burt's Bee's and really liked the tingle on her lips, so she started putting it on every night. Then, she got into Carmex. I don't think I have ever been at her house when she doesn't put it on. I think that she is definitely addicted to the stuff, I mean it does feel cool! :)
You need lip balm don't want to go back to having those sore cracked lips. Since using lip lift I have never had sore lips again
i have to have my lip balm! :-)
You must be my twin or something, I'm exactly the same! I started using Carmex lipbalm years ago cos my lips were rough and now they are always nice and smooth but I can't live without it! I keep one pot in my room and one in my bag/pocket and if I ever forget it it drives me mad, also cheaper lipbalms don't feel as nice on my lips. I have to fly back and forth from home and uni in ireland and when they had the strict restrictions on not letting anything liquid (even lip balm!) thru security it was sooo annoying having to go for a few hours without any lip balm, esp as flying makes your lips dry out.
its ok to use it it helps mostirise the lips and they feel softer vasaline is also a good one
god yes. actually i hate to think about how much ive probably swallowed through the years LOL!
Absolutely! i've been using vaseline since i was about 5! if i don't have it with me when i need it my lips'l get all red and start burning me after about an hour. i just hope it doesn't turn out in a few years to contain nuclear waste or crushed up kittens cos i go through a tin every couple of weeks!
I have been using it for about 25 years and couldn't be without it.On the occasional day that I go out without it I am so uncomfortable and my lips are so dry. I carry one in my handbag and put one in my pocket every day. I am not into makeup though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin